What is Adobe Photoshop ?
Photoshop is the leading digital image editing application for the Internet, print, and other new media disciplines. It is embraced by millions of graphic artists, print designers, visual communicators, and regular people like you. It's likely that nearly every picture you've seen (such as posters, book covers, magazine pictures, and brochures) has either been created or edited by Photoshop. The powerful tools used to enhance and edit these pictures are also capable for use in the digital world including the infinite possibilities of the Internet.
The Photshop workspace consists of five main components: the Application Bar, the Tools Panel, the Options Bar, the Document Window, and the Panel Dock. One of the nice things about using Photoshop is that its workspace interface is very similar to that of other products in the Adobe Creative Suite.
What is Adobe Fireworks ?
Adobe Fireworks (formerly Macromedia Fireworks) is a bitmap and vector graphics editor. It was originally developed using parts of Macromedia xRes, which Adobe acquired in 2005. Fireworks is made for web designers for rapidly creating website prototypes and application interfaces. Its features include slices and the ability to add hotspots. It is designed to integrate with other Adobe products such as Adobe Dreamweaver and Adobe Flash. It is available as either a standalone product or bundled with Adobe Creative Suite. Previous versions were bundled with Macromedia Studio.
- Hierarchical layers:
- All the layers can be accessed from the Layers panel. Layers may be wider or taller than the image itself. However, the final image is produced by hiding those areas that exit image boundary.
- Smart guides
- Fireworks supports guides, horizontal or vertical lines that act like a real-world ruler to help drawing, content placement and image composition. A user may place one or more guides on the image at any time and use it as a visual aid. For instance a guide is useful when a piece of text must be placed in line with another graphical item. Additionally, the user may enable the snap feature of the Fireworks, which causes objects (pieces of image, text or layers) drag to the vicinity of a guide to snap to it.
- Reusable elements can be designated as symbols and placed at multiple pages or on the same page. When the master symbol is edited, Fireworks propagates the change to all instances of that symbol.
- 9-slice scaling
- Fireworks was created specifically for web production. Since not every user may be in possession of a fast Internet connection, it is at the best interest of the web developers to optimize the size of their digital contents. In terms of image compression, Fireworks has a better compression rate than Photoshop with JPEG, PNG and GIF image.
- Adobe Creative Suite integration
- Fireworks understands the Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator file formats (.psd and .ai files) as well as Encapsulated PostScript format (.eps files).
Adobe Photoshop and Fireworks Course Content
» Types of Images and Image Editing Tools
» Introduction to Adobe Photoshop
» Using Photoshop Tools
» Layers, Actions and Filters
» Creating Custom Effects
» Design Banners for Website
» Basic Website Layout
» Design Complex Webpage Layout
» Conversation of PSD to XHTML Adobe Flash
» Introduction to Adobe Flash
» Tools in Adobe Flash
» Shape Tween and Motion Tween
» Frame Animation
» Various Flash Effects
» Creating Flash Banners
» Creating Flash Intro's
» Creating Flash Website
» Basics of Action Scripting.